Named for Herbert L. Dillon, class of 1907, a one-time football captain and a principal donor to the building which bears his name.
Dillon Gymnasium opened in 1947 on the site of the former gymnasium that was destroyed
by fire. Once home to all varsity athletics, Dillon is now mainly used as the
headquarters for the Campus Recreation program.
In addition to both Men's and Women's Locker Rooms, Dillon includes various administrative and varsity athletic
coach's offices. It is also the home venue for men's and women's varsity volleyball
and wrestling matches. It houses a 1,500-seat gymnasium, squash courts, a pool, 8,000-square-foot Stephens Fitness Center, a 1,280-square-foot Dance Studio, a 1,250-square-foot Martial Arts Room, and a Spinning Room with 14 bikes.
L. Stockwell Jadwin Gym:
The L. Stockwell Jadwin Gymnasium is a multipurpose athletic facility that has a
combined floor space of approximately 250,000 square feet; with permanent
seating for 6,854 spectators around the main court (making it the second-largest
on-campus college basketball arena in New Jersey). Beyond the basketball
courts are facilities for indoor track. The newly renovated sublevels beneath the
main grandstand hold one of
the largest fencing rooms in
the world, 10 internationalsized squash courts with
spectator galleries, tennis
courts and a baseball
diamond. Jadwin Gym is
open for recreational use
during very limited times
throughout the year.
Life of the Body's Launch Pad Jump To A Particular Section Within Life of the Body